This marker is located on the Blandy Experimental Farm – State Arboretum of Virginia which is located along Highway 17 South about 15 miles north of Winchester in Boyce, Virginia. From the Historical Marker Database:
In 1926, Graham F. Blandy bequeathed a 712-acre portion of his estate, The Tuleyries, to the University of Virginia to educate “boys farming in the various branches.” Beginning late in the 1920s, the two-story, century-old brick slave quarters was enlarged and converted into laboratories and housing, and 172 acres were developed into an arboretum. Containing one of the most diverse collections of trees and woody shrubs in the eastern United States, Blandy Experimental Farm was designated the State Arboretum of Virginia in 1986. The University of Virginia uses Blandy Farm for environmental research and education.